Blog post: Our New Zealand Beef | Ziwi Pets
Shop ZIWI@ on our new site and enjoy an improved shopping experience! SHOP NOW

Ready to Buy ZIWI®?

Blog post: Our New Zealand Beef  - primary image

Beef! What makes us so excited about this? Well, all of the trials we have done with the pets we know show that it’s going to be another favourite! And we could not be prouder to stamp our Beef Products with ‘100% New Zealand Grass Fed’. Why? Because, quite simply, it’s one of the cleanest, purest beef formulations in the world... and it doesn’t get much better than that!! Grass-fed Beef is healthier than grain-fed beef. Here are the facts: Grass fed beef is better for health than grain fed beef in at least seven different ways, according to the most comprehensive analysis to date. The 2009 study was a joint effort between the USDA and Clemson University in South Carolina. 1. Lower in total fat 2. Lower in saturated fat 3. Higher in beta-carotene 4. Higher in Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) 5. Higher in the B-Vitamins thiamine and riboflavin 6. Higher in the minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium 7. Higher in total omega-3s Reference: S.K. Duckett et al, Journal of Animal Science, June 2009, “Effects of winter stocker growth rate and finishing system on: III. Tissue proximate, fatty acid, vitamin and cholesterol content.” British Journal of Nutrition (volume 105, issue 1), Nutrition Journal 2010 9:10  

So… Why ZIWI® Peak Beef? Well, there’s a difference. And the difference matters! 

We start with 100% New Zealand, pasture raised, grass-fed beef. Then, because our beef is either gently air-dried or moist in cans, we protect the vital protein structures of the natural, raw meat & organs. With over 90% raw meat and organs, and the other 10% natural goodness too, ZIWI® Peak beef has none of the harmful non-meat ingredients of other beef formulations, such as grains, carbohydrates, and fillers. It’s free of growth promotants, free of added hormones, and free of antibiotics. The fact is, we care for superior, natural pet nutrition with a passion. And we see the results day in day out, in the pets we feed. Healthy, thriving, cheerful pets deserve nothing less. So that’s what we deliver. The new ZIWI® Peak grass fed beef formula will be available through your ZIWI® Peak retailers in early 2014 and will be available in the Air-Dried Daily Dog Cuisine range initially. The Cat Cuisine & Dog & Cat Cuisine Cans to follow shortly! 

Ready to Buy ZIWI®?

ZIWI Peak air dried pet food for dogs and cats close up

Gently air‑dried

Air Dried pet food

A modern take on centuries‑old meat preserving techniques, our Z-TWINTECH™ air drying technology locks in the goodness of our raw ingredients, creating ready-serve raw-inspired nutrition.

ZIWI Peak - ethical and sustainable ingredients source from the land and sea of New Zealand

Ethical & Sustainable Ingredients

Our free-range, grass-fed meats and local poultry are ethically raised under New Zealand’s Freedom Principles, while our sustainable seafood comes from the world’s top-ranked fisheries.

Chopping board of raw ingredients

Peakprey™ Recipes

Crafted for peak nutrition, with high inclusions of meat, organs, and seafood in authentic PeakPrey™ ratios – with added superfoods for a nutritional boost.

Air-Dried Scoop & Serve
Free-Range Farming
Ziwi Peak pet food with no grains
No Grains Sugars or Glycerins Added
Raised Without Added Hormones or Growth Promotants
Air-Dried Scoop & Serve
Free-Range Farming
Ziwi Peak pet food with no grains
No Grains Sugars or Glycerins Added
Raised Without Added Hormones or Growth Promotants